The lifeless body of 5-year-old Jane Olive Base was found near a banana plant, with a large rock placed over her head.
Her body was found 15 meters away from their home
The last time that Jane Olive was seen alive was when she told her parents that she would be going out to buy something from a store nearby. However, when she didn’t come back home after a few hours, her family started to get worried.
Sadly, her body was found just 15 meters away from their home. Additionally, there was also evidence that Jane Olive was hit in the head by a blunt object, and her body also showed signs of sexual abuse as some of her clothing had been taken off.
According to authorities, a potential suspect is already in their custody. They will be conducting further investigation in order to identify if it was a case of murder, or rape with homicide.
Go to the next page to learn more about teaching your children how to keep themselves safe.
Make sure your kids know how to keep themselves safe
As parents, it’s our job to keep our kids safe. But realistically, we can’t always be with our kids 100% of the time to make sure that they’re safe. That’s why it’s equally important for parents to teach their kids different ways on how they can keep themselves safe.
- Tell them to ask for your permission first before going with someone, even if it’s a close friend or a relative.
- Teach your child to be open with their feelings, and immediately tell you if anyone has made them feel uncomfortable or has done things to make them uncomfortable.
- Have a talk with them about keeping away from strangers or people who seem very suspicious as well as red flags that would tell them that someone has an ulterior motive.
- Do some roleplaying to better teach your child how they should act when it comes to certain situations.
- Talk to them about safe people that you trust whom they can call in case of any emergency.
Source: facebook.com, understood.org
READ: Grade 2 pupil from Tarlac found dead in a canal
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theAsianparent.com Philippines!